Monday, June 7, 2010

Taipei

So I'm halfway there!

And am so happy that I managed to sleep on the plane too, I was worried about that. I didn't even get a chance to take my gravel (Thanks Susan!), I almost immediately passed out. I guess thats what happens when you leave the airport at 2:20 in the morning and there isn't even a bar open!

So Im the airport in Taipei for a few hours and followed up on a lead that there is not only free internet here but also free computers to use it on! It rocks. Its chinese though, I think. I everytime I switch screens and go back I have to reset the keyboard to english from Chinese, so thats where I draw my conclusion from.

So far everyone has been really nice and there is way more english than I anticipated. It's cute english, such as "recycleing" and "sorry for the inconvenient cause". He he.

Well I'm off to brush my teeth, put in my contacts, find my gate (to fly to Jakarta) and start learning Indonesian phrases, that I am sure Vicky will correct my pronounciation of    :)

Have fun living in the real life suckers!
xoxo

Amy

PS Jessie I logged into the IP map thinger, and it now shows Taiwan...is that what you see too?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

we still show in Calgary, sigh...

Jessie said...

drat... it shows us where we are, not where you are :( sad face. If you facebook me your username/password - I'll see if I get can something else to work.

I'm glad to hear you made it your first stop - safe and sound. Have fun getting to Jakarta!!

ps. are you taking lots of pictures yet?

Fiona said...

Glad you have made half of your journey safely! Hope you had a good flight to Jarkata.

Kelly said...

Glad you are doing great! Looking forward to hearing your many adventures. Love you